Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lemon Baked Cod

This recipe was one of the first dishes I made. Actually, it was probably my first fish fillet experiment. It is one of the simplest (and yummy) dishes I have made, and that is why I continue to make it. Great for a weeknight dinner. I would strongly advise using fresh fish - fresh always tastes better.  (I found this recipe online at food.com.)



The Ingredients...
  • 1 lb cod fish fillet
  • 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
  • Paprika
Directions...
  1. If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
  2. Mix butter and lemon juice.
  3. In another bowl, mix flour, salt and white pepper.
  4. Dip fish into butter mixture; coat fish with flour mixture.
  5. Place fish in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches.
  6. Pour remaining butter mixture over fish; sprinkle with paprika.
  7. Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until fish flakes easily with fork, 25-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices if desired.

2 comments:

  1. i think i can manage trying this one! Alex can be my food critic and report to you : )

    ReplyDelete